Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ch 10 News - Riders Avoid Wire Strung Across Road

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by jdkarmch, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Ch 10 news tonight and Herald Sun tommorrow. Happened at 4.30am two weeks ago in Forrest Hill.

Details here

2. whats the wold coming to

3. This was posted a week or so ago. Is totally an worse than arsehole thing to do. Would use other words to describe what I think of a person doing such a
    criminal, indiscriminate act of cowardess; but I don't think it would be very G rated.

I hope they catch the mongrel, and give them a slight jab in the throat so they cant breath momentarily to shock the living shit out of them.

4. I don't even know what to say.

That kind of act, if done with the intention of injury leaves me speechless with rage and wonderment at how an angry person can respond out of all proportion with such insane behaviour.

If done as a 'practical joke' I am dumbfounded by the sheer stupidity.

Hope this kind of thing is not repeated.

5. I don't even know what to say.

That kind of act, if done with the intention of injury leaves me speechless with rage and wonderment at how an angry person can respond out of all proportion with such insane behaviour.

If done as a 'practical joke' I am dumbfounded by the sheer stupidity.

Hope this kind of thing is not repeated.

6. This was posted a week or so ago. Is totally an worse than arsehole thing to do. Would use other words to describe what I think of a person doing such a
    criminal, indiscriminate act of cowardess; but I don't think it would be very G rated.

I hope they catch the mongrel, and give them a slight jab in the throat so they cant breath momentarily to shock the living shit out of them.

7. That is just completely unbelievable that someone would purposefully do that. Whether to injury people or not.

8. Of course it was done with intent to injure.

I'd say it was an extremely personal act of revenge.

This wire is on a public road, albeit a quiet one. If there was any traffic about, the wire would've been broken by any passing cars, and especially any 4WD vehicle.

That this was strung up, and not broken before the motorcyclist went by would imply that it was very carefully timed, presumably at about the time said person heads off to work every morning.

That it is a road quiet enough to set up this trap would imply a very specific target. This was not set up to just catch anyone, it was set up to catch 1 or 2 specific people, at a certain time of day.

Would seem to me that the perpetrator is obviously a very nearby local, who is at a guess pissed off about some illegally super loud exhaust on said motorbike roaring past early every morning.

Seems to me to be a crime of opportunity requiring local knowledge to set up.

9. Let's hope the find whoever did it so he can be beaten to death with a hammer.

10. Things like this sicken me, people praying on the vunerability of motorcyclists... How funny would it be if they were driving along and we gave them an instant convertable? Not at all. Words cannot describe it, I'm fuming. I hope the so and so is found, and I hope their address is revealed to the motorcycle world.

Glad to hear the rider is ok, hope the helmet isn't too badly damaged... Karma has a funny way of sorting these things out... If I were whoever setup the wire, I'd pay particular attention to my firstborn! :evil:

11. When I was a kid I knew a guy who would string up wire between trees in the bush to get trail bike riders. I dont think that he ever got any of them but shortly afterwards he fell through the roof of his shed and became a quadriplegic. One of his aquaintances came to see him afterwards and just said 'Karma Danny, karma'

12. Yeah kids used to do it when I was younger too so they could steal the bike, maybe it was as simple as that? It was a decent bike he was on on the news tonight.

13. I'll donate the hammer. :evil: :evil: :evil:

It just blows my mind that some upset resident or dropkick can do something like this. It's up there with those idiots that drop rocks from freeway overpasses. Such stupid behaviour with potentially devastating outcomes. Let's hope they catch whoever is responsible.

14. If I caught someone doing anything like that, I would immediately sit them down and carefully explain to them how dangerous what they are doing is for riders.
    I would also try to listen to them, and find out what made them so angry at motorcyclists in the first place - perhaps they really just need someone to talk to, who understands them.
    You never know, being nice to them while also being a motorcyclist may actually change their mind about us and help them put aside the urge to do this kind of thing.

.... ha, just kidding. I'd burn their ****ing house down.