Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CF-Moto 650

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by hornet, Dec 10, 2012.

1. No, I haven't forsaken the VFR and gone Chinese...

.. but yesterday I DID meet a young lady up at the Pie Shop and she was riding the new Chinese 650, LAMS version. She was just about to leave so she couldn't chat, but she said she really likes it. I observed that it appears to be well-finished, and I suggested that she sign up to Netrider and pop up a review. She said she would, so hopefully she does.......

2. There's a guy who frequents the VIC 10am Saturday Practice on one. It's a bit rough around the edges, but a pretty good ride for the price and seems to be reliable.
  3. Had good look at these when they first came out since I had some time to kill waiting for a new set of tyres to be fitted. They are definitely rough in places, like the quality of the plastics used and the welding on the rear swingarm. The latter I suspect will be a likely spot for rust to start forming within a couple of years of regular use.

That said the price is good and I'll certainly be having a look at the non-LAMs, fully-faired touring model, when it's eventually released here as a possible next bike. Of course like most Chinese bikes the real concern is whether the importer will (or can) keep supporting them. There's already been a lot of brands look quite promising, only to virtually disappear quite suddenly, and I wouldn't want to get stuck with something with limited parts availability and poor resale. There are sometimes advantages to paying a little more upfront.