Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ceramic Pads

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Tam, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Hiya

thought i would just relay some information about ceramic pads. A friend who does quite a bit of track and used to do couriering has them on his cbr600. Apparently they work really well, less disc wear and under heat they dont alter in performance like standard pads.

less braking power than a semi sintered pad but better than standard road pad with less wear.

Anyone else tried these yet?

2. Yes I have them on my SV, they make a big difference to braking power. They don't last as long as OEM ones, but I would rather stop better than not. Not all that much more expensive either.

3. Chris, have you used them in the wet yet. I was thinking about going ceramic, but a couple of people have told me that they fade quickly in the wet......bullshit?

4. I have never had a problem with them. I don't do track days so I can't say how they would react there. But for me I have never felt any fade, in the dry or the wet.

When I changed mine I also put in some 5.1 brake fluid, don't know if it would make a difference??