Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Centrestand

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by ametha elf, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Is it ok to leave a bike on the sidestand permanently rather than the centrestand? I have a problem getting my bike on and off the centrestand due to its weight and my short height. Its a Virago 1100 by the way.

2. Shouldn't cause any problems that I can think of.

It's probably worthwhile learning how to use it properly, they're usually quite easy to use, once you get the technique right.

3. Neither of our bikes come with a centre stand, and the new bike I've ordered doesn't have one either. Seems to me there should be no problem with using the side stand instead.

(Though a centre stand does make it easier to inspect your tyres and lubricate your chain, so you might want to use it for those tasks.)

4. Check your technique for placing the bike on its centrestand. Youtube it!

I was trying to use brute force to no avail (lol), got the technique right and its a pisser.