Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Centre stands

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by nalasrob, May 18, 2005.

1. Well, thought I'd get a centre stand for the trusty old Triumph Sprint RS. I'll just pop down to P.S and pick one up, surely can't be more than 70-80 bucks.

$314 OMG!

I was hoping someone could point me to a better priced alternative - non name alternatives, second hand..whatever. I'm not paying that for a H shaped piece of steel with a bolt.

2. Try one of the wreckers around the place. They might be able to help. However, they would probably be aware of what it costs for a new one and charge accordingly. Try Dandenong Motorcycle Wreckers, (97933758) or Global Motorcylce Wreckers (97935440)
  3. Should've gone the ST!! :p
  4. Extra 2 K for full fairings and another 1/2 inch on the clip ons....couldn't justify it.

But that same sweet triple engine.....hmmmm....
  5. I payed for mine (to suit a VFR) $140 fiew years ago... I got it from A1 in ringwood.... The same stand will fit a Triumph...
  6. Are you talking about a paddock/race stand?
    The topic is in regard to a centre stand.
  7. My son and I get most of our parts from Metropolitan Motorcycle Wreckers in Sydney, latest buy was a rear seat cowl for an R1, price in Melb. $295.00, price from Sydney including COD $155.00.. Very helpful guys and it will only cost ya a phone call to find out.... 02 9748 7400