Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

centre stand or paddock stand?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by simon varley, Nov 4, 2008.

1. given that >90% of my riding is day trips and I'm back at the garage overnight, what advantages to I really get from a $400 centre stand, against a $200 paddock stand?

thanks

2. I don't know what sort of centre stand your referring to, but I went with the Kaneg rear stand and front stem stands and im very happy.

3. I fitted a centrestand to my CB1300 and it's invaluable for the way I use and maintain my bike. But what sort of stand costs $400? I thought I'd been stung at $250.

4. Vstrom dealer fit centre stand is quoted at $400. I guess I can get it cheaper, or get an after market one but it still seems a lot of money when I can get the same function from a paddock stand for a lot less money (at least when the bike's at home)

5. Cool. You have answered your own question then.

6. I guess so. it seemed so straight forward that I thought I must be missing something