Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Central Coast Riders?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by down7ime, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Hey Guys,

Hoping someone could help me out, looking at a newish 06 hyosung gt250r thats for sale in the entrance, i know next to nothing about bikes and was hoping someone local could recommend a mechanic or even better if an experienced rider could have a quick look/test ride on it.

Im pretty keen on the bike as it has pretty low k's and seem to be in great nick, just need an informed opinion on the bike, any takers? slab of beer would be arranged if it helps :)

Cheers
    Frank

2. If it's got no warranty don't buy it.

3. thanks for the input stigger, i have been hearing this quite a bit but not in reference to the 250s.. unfortunately the warranty runs out this month which freaks me out quite a bit

ive been looking for specific things that are stuffed up with the 06's and so far all i can find is that the factory fuel filters should of been changed before they were sold due to fuel leaks... apart from that it seems that there are no really common issues with this model?

apart from the factory brakes/tyres not being up to standard.. oh an also the discs not matching up correctly with the pads.. :-Oo

4. CDI's, rear disk, and big end bearing failures.

5. If that enough to put anyone off a hyo :?