Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

central coast noob

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by duckit, Apr 12, 2015.

1. jst a quik intro after joining forum.
    up on the nsw central coast. had my Ls nearly 15 yrs ago but never went on with it. I guess thats hinting my age a lil. well never bought a bike that time round and was really jst 2 deliver pizzas on a dominos posty anyways... ahh the memories. well this time round I bought a '11 kwaka ex250r, completely stock, and luvn every min so far. thought I would hav a look online 2 see if there any cruises or the like organised online as I dont hav many mates that ride and landed here. lookin 4 a few tips on maintenance and decent shops 4 servicing from some of the more experienced riders out there 2. thanx all

2. Howdy & Welcome to NR duckitduckit :)
  3. thanx mate
  4. Welcome duckit (nearly slipped typing that one whoops ;)!)
    Look for rides on the forum page...might be opportunities to meet halfway like Kulnura etc.
    Few Novocastrians about as well :)
  5. Hi mate how u going. I live in green point. Those kawasakis are easy to work on, I'm happy to maybe show u some maintenance stuff. I ride the old road every few weeks or so, but I'm on a 1000 so might have to meet u at the pie. What suburb u in ?
  6. welcome aboard :]
  7. Welcome duckit, age is no barrier on here
  8. Welcome to NR.
  9. wow basejumper. jst around the corner @ saratoga. I luv 2 take u up on that offer mate. def need sum tips on maintenance. I kno im due 4 a chain lube. looked @ a cpl utube tutorials & seems straight 4ward. also wanna get an aftermarket exhaust. nuthin loud as I realise I wont be achieving any ducati rumbles but jst to pretty her up & let her breath a lil easier. I kno I need help with tuning the carbies after that tho. done the old road once about 3 weeks ago and luved every min of it. been doin a lil local exploring 2 as I hav only lived up here a lil over 2yrs & even sum of the shorter rides to ettalong & patonga are fun 4 me. let me kno a day or so in advance & def meet up. thanx 4 the offer
  10. thanx all 4 the warm welcome 2. much appreciated
  11. I wouldn't worry about playing with the carby after u change exhaust prob doesn't need it. There are heaps of cheap slip ins on eBay that u could use. Just measure the pipe diameter so u know what size u need. I'll help u put it on, pretty simple job
  12. ye cool wasnt really sure bout tuning & that stuff after I change the pipe. I guess they called slip ons coz thats all u need to do rite. still a cpl weeks away from havn the $ for a decent yoshi or akrapovic. I did see these musari pipes on ebay that were a bit cheaper but havnt heard of the brand b4. I want a nicer noise outa the pipe but wanna keep her reasonably quiet. I started following u, basejumper, & I message u when I get the pipe. If u not busy & actually wanna help that b sweet. In the meantime I kno prolly not that exciting cruisin with a 250 but i b up 4 a cruise weneva u feel u can tolerate an L plater tagging along.
  13. Hi duckitduckit,
    I'm from the Central Coast too :) Always looking for more riding buddies!
  14. Welcome to the forum. See- you've already started making friends!