Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Census. Put motorbike or motor scooter in question 43!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by antonborisov, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Let them know that you ride to work.

2. What makes you think that given they can't ask the transport question correctly and give respondents a suitable and representative selection of choices in order to answer correctly, that they will even take notice of your hand written answer.

Apart from the obvious privacy concerns, as usual the census is just the politicians and bureaucrats way of gathering sufficient data so that the can find new and more innovative ways of screwing the population over....again....

the only answer worth giving....'fcukem'
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Not sure what are talking about, it looks like correctly asked question to me?[​IMG]
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I've put feedback with the census online form;
    "Bit rough when you don't include motorcycles in the census. Despite what you guys think, motorcycles are directly impacted by road conditions - poor road surface and/or lack of maintenance on main arterials and lesser roads can often lead to a mishap due to potholes and oil spillage. I am a motorcyclist, and often ride to work. In this instance I drove. I pay two registrations, two insurances and an additional motorcycle levy each year. Time to consider the motorcycles, for Christ's sake...."
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. ???
    You must have a different census form to me, @wrnchwrck and a lot of other people. I certainly had the "Motorcycle or motor scooter" option for how I got to work.

For the "How may vehicles garaged" question I don't think it matters if it is a bike, car or truck.

There seem to be a lot of easily butthurt riders out there, especially in Victoria.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. And if you didn't go to work today?

Or were away from home?

It's a bit of a nonsense and only takes a small percentage to skew the results. Religion will show a massive change from the last census, give the new option for 'no religion'.

And how come there are variations of Christianity, yet only one choice for Muslim?

Bah humbug.
  7. And for all the money spent there was really only a couple of targets. Who the persons are and do they use social services. Felt more like a tracking exercise.
  8. Lot of paranoid people out there.

Read the questions and available answers, folks. And use a bit of common sense. Let's just get it done and move on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I would if the site wasn't down :p
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. You've got six weeks to complete the census.

What's the rush?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. True, I was just interested as many are I guess if the traffic on the website would be an issue.
  12. The reference is not to this question but to the question relating to vehicles garaged. It matters because we have to keep reminding the authorities that motorcyclists are legitimate road users. Particularly given that the census is sold on the basis of it being a tool to facilitate planning.
  13. I'm almost certain that the statisticians at ABS can work out that if you rode a motorbike to work, you're keeping it somewhere. For arguments sake, you might have three vehicles garaged at home, but everyone in the household caught a bus and tram to work today. Give them some credit, for goodness sake.

14. As with all types of transport, to ask (only) what you use to go to work has ignored those who use transport modes for other purposes, e.g. shopping, recreation, school. From memory it's less than 50% of the population that work, and many of them would work from home.

So the commonsense is to fib and add your transport mode, even if you are't using it for work trips.
  15. credit?
    bureaucrats ?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Then again, if you own a motorbike and caught a tram to work, that might seriously put the nation at risk of poor decisions based on the census. But who would take a tram to work if they own a motorbike? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Not bureaucrats, uncle greguncle greg , the geeky scientific types that actually crunch the numbers.

18. i bet most of them are nertraiders then
  19. Nertraiders????????
  20. yeah
    there is a story behind it