Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

cdi unit

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by GIBBS323, Jan 1, 2008.

1. hello again

iv just brought nx 650 dominator worked ok when got it home but after fixing indicators for road worthy wont start .
    invetsigation showed a short on wire from cdi to coil everything else checkes out ok (all checkes done according to honda repair manual)
    but no details on what voltage should be coming out of cdi unit at the mo only 0.04 ish.
    ive ordered new unit but still require assistance as it may not be this, desperate to get bike on the road so can go out with my dad

any help would be majorly appreciated as i am lost. :? :?
  2. Stop posting your messages in CAPITALS

From the terms and conditions which you agreed upon before you signed up

Forum Etiquette Do's and Dont's
    * DON'T post your subject or your text in ALL CAPS - your post will be deleted. CAPS is SHOUTING and it's considered rude.

If you are a newcomer to forums, then the following is recommended watching ... https://netrider.net.au/?page=posting

3. oops

sorry mate

my bad!!

consider my wrist well and truly slaped....

thanks for replying
  4. Repentance is good.

Action is better.

You can edit your thread title and your post down to lower case, or it will probably STILL get the chop :wink:.

{psst, the ALL CAPS is the reason your CDI thread got removed too...}