Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

cd250u Tank modification

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by thomen, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Hi all,
    I just bought my first bike and was looking at doing a semi-cafe racer build. it's a honda cd250u i was thinking of either trying to track down a cd125t tank or alternately finding a nice looking cafe tank that would fit and putting some of the black old style honda badges on the side but most of the decals i can find a screw on only so i don't know how that would work!

any thoughts suggestions on where to look or tanks that could work would be most appreciated!
    cheers,
    Tom

2. if you want to mess around, have a look for some tutorials on banging in knee dents, and then repaint your tank and add some off the old style wing transfer stickers, that should look solid.
    if you want good advice on tanks that will fit, it would help if you provide some photo's of the underside of the current tank, and your frame backbone,

3. Here's a link to some wing vinyls I bought. The USD5 covered postage to AUS as well. I haven't used them yet.

http://www.caferacer.net/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6756

Knee dents are all well and good but they don't really serve much purpose except decrease you fuel capacity. I doubt your tank is wide enough to 'need' them. But that's just my opinion.

I have seen a few CX tanks on smaller Hondas. Have a trawl through the caferacer forum, plenty of ideas. There's also some aussie companies that sell fibreglass tanks and seats.

Scotty