Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CD250U à la Café Racer

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by The Mischief Makers, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Alright, some of you saw it last night at the saturday night coffee meet. I got bored today and pinstriped the tank and the covers... again. :wink:

Anyway, it started as a wreck of a CD250U, '89, and it is slowly evolving. Please bear in mind that soon it'll receive a new seat ( single racer with bum stop, classic ), rear set footpegs, new tail light and tail light bracket, new rear indicators and potentially bikini fairings. Yes I know we're mad. :cool:

Tell me what you think, and if you want one we can arrange that. :grin:

aV1BhSA0.
    aV1Bi42J.
    aV1Bigwr.
    Pq1ncXYA.
    aV1BiMXi.
    aV1Bj5Ur.
    aV1BjfT0.

Attached Files:

2. Very nice!

3. Great to meet you last night :) It's great to see someone making a good old style cafe racer!

4. Sick.

Are they aftermarket mufflers?

It even has inverted springs... ;-)

Cheers

Trevor G

PS Is it posed beside the dumpster for a particular reason???

5. The memories come flooding back

I miss my little bike. :cry:

Trevor: those are original pipes and springs.
    Debaffled I reckon it would sound like an old english bike.

6. The dumpster is an extra touch of class. Ok, I just suck at taking pictures, there's always something silly in the background. :LOL:

Smee is right about the mufflers, all original, scars included. And for the sound, it's gonna be indeed pretty close to a brit bike once we'll have rebuild the carbies, build another set of exhaust and when it's gonna be running properly hahaha!

7. Should look great when its done :D

8. Few mods added: two more dents in the tank ( silly drivers! ), new headlight, and I beadblasted the upper triple clamps and clips for the 'bars. New bar-end mirror too and braided line; I've got brakes now! We also tightened and cleaned up the spokes on the front wheels.
    Next: making this fiberglass/carbon fiber seat and a new tail-light bracket.

9. My spokes on the SRV look a little like yours did in the picture. I've polished them a few times which keeps them okay for a while. What did you do to them?

10. flanged alloy rims, a big drum brake on the front and chromed guards would make a big difference
    another option is to paint/powdercoat the barrels black - always looks good the juxtaposition of the polished covers against the black fins against the clean alloy head.

kudos on the use of ace bars - i suppose clipons do look a bit better, but ive always like aces; all the glitz of clipons but far more practical
    im also partial to a full-loop frame, but nothing can be done about that, hahaha

looking good, look forward to seeing the new seat/tank combo

11. Wow that looks cool!!!
    So are you planning on moding and selling these?

12. hey! i just bought a cd250!

Yours looks HOT!

just wondering where you get your parts? and what sort of handlebars you put on your bike! it looks awesome!

have you come across a workshop manual in your travels? i can't seem to find one anywhere!

13. Looking great mate!

14. I dig your taste! :)

15. Wot they said above :)

16.  Top