Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cbr954

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by Wiredskulz, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Hi, I think I posted my build up in the wrong spot before, so I'll try again. I brought my 954 a year ago fairly cheap just as transport and for a bit of fun.
    Got it home, removed ventura rack and just gave it a clean up and removed the rear fender, that was going to be it, until I got a little sick of the yellow and purple paint job. So I striped it down and painted it satin black, shortied the exhaust because I like the look and sound, brought a power commander, flush mount front turn signals and was pretty happy with how it was. Little did I know how fun satin black was too look after. So it got stripped down again and the fairings and tank got taken around to a family friends to be painted again. While the bike was sitting in my shed, after a few beers the frame got attacked, which I vow never to do again, and the polishing began. Now I know not everyone likes the look but for some reason there can never be enough shiny stuff on a bike.

Attached Files:

2. Now the frame seemed to take alot longer than I'd anticipated, but seems I did it by hand it came out pretty good!

Attached Files:

3. Coolies. That looks good. You don't want to sell it do you? I'm looking for one of those for my son.

4. Finally got the fairings back and finished my undertail, its coming together better than I had hoped, still theres a few things I'd like to do, but think I just wanna ride it for the time being

Attached Files:

1.jpg
      File size:
      13.4 KB
      Views:
      2.jpg
      File size:
      21.8 KB
      Views:
  5. Thanks mate, not really looking to sell, but hey everything is for sale for a price....

6. It's a bit too nice actually. I was looking for one that's a bit rough but mechanically sound. It'd be his first road bike and I can pretty much guarantee it'll fall over and get used for burnouts and monos and stuff, so I don't actually want a real tidy one. It'd be a bit of a shame to give him that one. Although, with my black ZX14 and my black (ratty) R6 race bike, it'd make a nice family portrait.

7. Haha thanks, After all the work I've put into it I don't think I could really sell it anyway. Well at least until the next project comes along.

8. Wow - that shiny frame running like a blade through the black looks excellent.

And I know what you mean about getting that 'there is not enough shine on my bike' feeling...

9. Thanks, Haha yeah I think I spend more time polishing stuff than I do riding. I can't get a proper photo of it but the black is blended into the grey.

10. I must say, when I saw that first pic of the yellow and purple, my eyes burned. But what you've done with it is incredible. Looks really good. :)

11. It did that to my eyes too, hence the transformation. Thanks, I'm really pleased with how it came out. There's defiantly gonna be a few more mods to come....