Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by wally77, Apr 9, 2015.

1. My CBR929RR recently had a flat battery, the usual signs were there (clicking of the starter motor, neutral light fading). I bought a new battery and put it in and now it is completely lifeless. The new battery is fully charged and there isn't a skerrick of life. It has the H.I.S.S system, could this have been affected?

2. Do you get the light on the dash to say HISS is active? HISS should not prevent lights coming on etc just prevent starting so I am more inclined to think loose battery connection or master fuse. Do you have a multimeter?
  3. No lights at all coming on. I'll have to buy a multimeter I think.
  4. Worth having. If the battery connections are tight, and the right way around :) but it may be the main fuse. This fuse is seperate to the distribution fuses and is in the starter relay. Check it to see if it has blown.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for your help, it was the master fuse which I didn't see as it is separate from the other fuses. Problem solved and the old girl is up and running again.

Thank you again.
    • Like Like x 1