Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Featured Cbr918 won't start

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by basejumper, May 19, 2015.

1. I've recently got a 1997 cbr918. It started and ran good about 6 times. Blew no smoke, idled nice. I started it every 2 days or so. Now it won't start on me. I charged the battery up. It cranks over nice but won't go. It's got fuel and fuel is flowing out of valve ok. It has a funny poping coming from exhaust while I'm trying to start it. I know it's a long shot but any ideas ? Fuses seem ok.

2. I'd pull out the spark plugs and inspect them, good chance there fouled up and need replacing

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Double post

4. Ok tx I'll try that, wouldn't surprise me as it was pretty neglected when I got it

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ;) good luck mate... Let us know how you go

6. I love u full house, new plugs and started within about 1/4 of a second. Bit of a pain to change them but got there in the end. Runs awesome now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Haha on ya mate! Thanks for keeping us in the loop... Happy to help out

8. If you start it often without getting it up to running temp, plugs will foul and may be flooded too. Avoid repeated short start / stops. Happens with cars all the time! Anything with a engine really..