Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR900 Turn Signal Issue

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Jastel, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Hi guys, my bike seems to have a bit of an issue with the blinkers. It got left out in a storm the other day and ever since then the right-side indicators aren't working. Left-side is perfectly fine.
    When you switch it to the right-side most of the time it clicks really fast (like when a bulb is blown) then just stops clicking.... switch to the left and it's fine. Neither front or rear right-side are illuminating.
    I've taken the switch unit apart and gave it a clean out but this hasn't helped.
    Any ideas?
    How and what should I be testing first?

Cheers
    Jason

2. Check front and rear right globe enclosures, check for water in the enclosures. Pull the globes out and spray the connectors with a water displacement spray. See how that goes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Update: I checked the indicators and there was no water in them. I took it for a run over to a mates house this arvo and when I got back on it to come home the front right-side indicator was working and clicking fast.... rear was not illuminating.
    I'll check it again tomorrow as well as give the switch another clean out.

4. Ok so probably an intermittent connection in the rear indicator. It is unlikely to be the swicth or you would not have any indicators on that side.