Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR600RR on ebay! Any opinions welcome

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by lextsy, May 5, 2008.

1. I spotted this on ebay and wondered if this would be a good buy.

Its a 2005 CBR600RR going for 7600 with upside down suspensions (whatever that is). The only problem is it has been dropped and has 37000kms on it.

Would it be better to spend an extra few grand and buy a better example or for the money it could be a good buy?

2. Sold and auction closed already. Sorry we couldn't advise sooner. For my money neither of those things would be a deal-breaker, but would need to be reflected in the price.
  3. dont sweat it
    the guy bought it for like $6k on another forum but has put some money into it fixing it.
  4. ...and didn't all 05 CBRs have upside-down shocks? (for the lay person - ones with the shiny chrome bit of the shock at the bottom rather than the top)
  5. sweet. musta been trashed hey
  6. do you know what forum that was on?
  7. Wasn't thrashed, he bought it cheaper and fixed cosmetic damage and serviced it. I've seen this bike, and it's decent buying at the price it sold for. The '05s all the upside downies, and the best roll on times of the 600RRs. Nice bikes.