Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Scottish, Oct 20, 2006.

1. I am looking into getting myself a new bike. I cant afford to buy brand new so i am looking into something for around $7500.

I like all of the above bikes but cant decide between each. Are they all the same to insure?

Any info which would help me decide would be great.

2. i think u might find that the cbr and trumpy will be a bit cheaper than the other "hoon" favourites to insure.

that said. once u know which one u like it won't matter lol.
  3. I was thinking along the same lines for when I upgrade. Until I saw the Daytona 675. I will definatley be saving extra for one of those beautys.

4. Mate it's worth calling up and getting an insurance quote before you go shopping, so you have an idea of what various year models will cost you.

I'm a Honda fan so I'd recommend the CBR - but go with whatever you can get a great deal on. Steer clear of the Kawasaki simply because their spares and panels are stupidly expensive.
  5. Alot of insurance places let you do online quotes, why not do that and find out yourself?
  6. please find me a cbr600rr for $7500 :drools:

does anybody have a lot of experience with the daytona 600. they're not too dear now. how well does the injection system work. and how strong is the chassis and subframe?