Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR600rr 24000km Service Help

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by ltflippy, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Hi
    I have recently gotten a second hand CBR600RR 2008. It needs it 24000km service, where would people suggest I take it to get it serviced in Melbourne. I know Peterstevens but I find them expensive and often try and fix things which are not broken. Also what would I expect to pay?

2. Jefferson Honda out ferntregully seem to have a good name, Everything 2 Wheels in Ftizroy seems a popular choice by alot of people here, as is 60 Degrees out east. There is a thread atthe moment asking about favored workshops, have you looked there?
    Congrats on the purchase byt he way, oh yeah Mototechnics I believe is popular too.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 60 degrees did a good job with mine. same engine as yours. Cost me 615 with rear brake pads. will be an expensive one as it will need 4 new iridium spark plugs and valve clearance check.
  4. Hi thanks for the responses, i have had a look around and got a few quotes and have booked in with 60 degrees, they quoted $450 (plus parts) and told me to expect about 600 and told me they wouldnt replace things that didnt need it (as i have just had a rw done so brake pads and fluid is all good) Everywhere else was quoting $998 and were going to replace everying no matter what. So far what I have been told about 60 degrees seems true.
  5. Yep, they are a good bunch who will just tell you how it is. No upselling bs
  6. everything two wheels in fitsroy north. it was a half hour ride for me but they are in my eyes the best. very straight forward and professional
  7. +1 for E2W. Been taking my Honda to him since i got it (y)