Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR600F4i weird problem, and SPIDERS IN REGULATOR!

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by banjodog, Jan 31, 2009.

1. ok guys here is my problem, i was riding my 01 CBR600F4i to work and i stopped to get work keys and left it runnin (5min), when i jumped back on, it just died and the digital gauges were kinda lightly blinking number like small amounts of power were goin in and out, same thing happened to my CBR250 and it was the regulator so i looked at my 600's regulator and it looked like it was corroding...but it was SPIDER NESTS!!!! i got them all out (dead) but that was freaky, so u reakon it is my regulator, she still starts now but cut out again soon after p.s. regulator gets really hot really fast (like in 2 min fast)
    Cheers guys

2. Dud Reg seems to be a common Honda glitch.
  3. Dud Honda regulators, especially on the F4i. If you do a search on Google for F4i regulator, you will get a litany of crapped out regulator stories. I'm expecting my '04 F4i regulator to go any day now. Some of the responses to the posts on other forums suggest getting a different brand of regulator that is up to scratch, primarily one with good cooling fins. I think Suzuki regulators might have been one of the suggestions.
  4. dud reg

yeah cool guys, i reakon this is the problem, i only just replaced my volt reg in my cbr250rr the other day, damn honda regs