Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR600 - No electrics

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by 260LP, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Hey,
    Went to ride to uni today for an exam and when starting the bike it decided to crap itself. Was cranking and then (while turning over) it just cut out, no idiot lights or horn etc. checked fuses, then battery (charger says it's okay).

So before I invest in a multimeter to try and solve this, any idea as to where to start?

Got to uni on time anyways...

Thanks for your help.
  2. sounds funny, but make sure yr in neutral. felt like a real tosser one day when i couldn't get it started, called the dealership etc, then went back to the bike, flicked it out of gear, flicked the kill switch and fcuk me if it didn't start.

just member, if yr kick-stand is down, make sure it's out of gear.
  3. blah ive tryed that download 3 times and every time its a dud file!
  4. even if your fuses LOOK ok... Change them all anyway.
  5. I just downloaded it to check and it works fine.. have you got adobe 7?
    If you still have hassles, give me a yell, and I'll put it on a disc and send it to you :)
  6. might be your starter motor seizing up?
  7. Great replies, no luck yet

Thanks for the replies!

Nup, made sure it's in neutral, that is something i'd do tho :LOL:
    I'll go today and replace the fuses anyway, and invest in a multimeter.

Thanks for the link Tanya, does take a while on dialup! :x

8. +1 on the multimeter.. no point wasting your time without it
  9. once you get the meter, i'd test to check that current is actually betting from the battery to the starter...if not then you don' have to go trawling all over the elec system to find the problem.

The fact that nothing lights up sound kinda lilke a broken power lead from the battery. but who knows... problems never occur where your expect them to.
  10. Problem solved, finally.

Well after a lot of stuffing around, it seems the reg/rec was the problem, which in turn melted the connector and blew the battery.

It was a bit wierd cause the battery tested okay with the meter, eh who cares I've got my bike back!