Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR600 F4i idle problem

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by Beza, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Just picked up my bike from the mechanic after getting the coolant and brake fluids replaced. The bike started fine and I rode off then about 3kms later I'm slowing down in traffic when the bike dies on me.

It still has power and turns over but the revs get to about 500rpm then it dies. If I start it and rev it up it goes but if I let the revs fall below 1500 is dies on me again. I had a play with adjusting the idle but it makes no difference.

Any suggestions?

2. I have the same problem with my F4i... Long story short, map sensor was replaced, fuel is said now to still be leaking out of injectors & running rich. Fuel pressure regulator might be the problem. I'm tipping a lot of used bikes have had the "power Commanders" taken off them before sale, hence all the problems.... I am still trying to get mine sorted. Just trying to find a mechanic you can trust that doesn't expect customers to fork out $$$ :devil: for a gazillion hours, and then hand it back unresolved like i might as well of asked my grandmother for advice on it :devil::cautious: