Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR250RR with TYGA kits.

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by AmanK, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Ive seen CBR250RR with tyga kits second hand for $7990 2008 model. I dont understand because it seems like Honda didnt make a CBR250RR for that year?
    8grand for a CBR is way too overpriced.. (even with a 6month warranty)

Its from Sumoto.. they say its RCV22 model :S

**now ive just read there reputation and its quite disgusting... read this link http://www.cbr250.com/cbr250/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10375.**

Now im wondering where i can find a CBR like this - >

http://www.bikesales.com.au/all-bik... 1429 1428 4294967259 4294967064 82&silo=1400

From somewhere else.. i really like to look of it. any clues anyone?

With warm regards,

Aman K

2. it'd be a 2008 australian compliance, manufactured somewhere around 1990-1994 iirc.

do you have to have a baby cbr? you have a plethora of other options.

3. If you really want that look, go out and buy a good cbr250rr that is mechanically sound but has some cosmetic problems, then go and buy a tyga body kit, http://tyga-performance.com/site/index.php?cPath=72_81_144, get it painted and fit it.

Or just go buy one of the recent cbr125 models until you get off restrictions and can get a 600 or 1000.

4. unless you MUST have a cbr250rr, i'd suggest getting a ninja or the like

if your going the cbr250rr way, i'd suggest buying one of the cbr250 forums then buying a tyga kit for it.

5. +1.

I'm sure most newcomers like the idea of a CBR250RR as their first LAMS bike then reality sets in. If I could have fit on one and didn't mind leaning so far forward then I probably would have bought one but a VTR is what I ended up with and was happy with it.

There's heaps of bikes to choose from these days and chances are that you'll move on from your LAMS bike as soon as you can.

When I asked about getting a bike, a lot of people said, "Get a used GPX". I was new to bikes and could afford to get a new one (for warranty reasons only) so did. After going through the process, if I were to do it all over again, I'd get a 3-5 year old GPX for the (around about) 18 month restriction period. Its probably the best value way to go.

6. lol @ sumoto, do a search here on them and you will see about the reputation they have, steer clear from them

7. Yeah i was thinking about buying a CBR then doing the cosmetic work at my own expense but in hope that it wont cost too much. i have seen the fairings on ebay for like 1000+ or so, unless its easy to remove the fairings and put it all together as a D.I.Y. process id love to do that to save the dosh who wouldnt.. (id need step by step guidelines lol).

No it doesn't have to be a CBR250RR, i don't know the difference's between the CBR250 and the CBR250RR (i havnt even looked into a CBR250 yet, any good?), so im quite open for suggestions. I have looked at the ninja's was so close to getting one too but then i pulled out because i saw the EFI model of hyosung GT650R then i pulled out from that because of how much love is in the air for the hyosung's haha (not) and know i saw this which really appeals to me.

Im loosing so much hair.. :(

8. Oh forgot to add @ 'Thera'

Nah i have no bike as of yet, still hunting for a decent looking reliable bike...

I was also thinking about the GS500F they look not bad either. i have found a few on the net and from what i've read (from here and other reviews) their quite the reliable bikes. but the TYGA kit is sexy ass loll

9. anybody herd of "Spot On Motorcycles Pty Ltd" ?
    any good??

10. won't comment on spot on, as i have never dealt with them, go to the search function I recall seeing a thread or two about them. Don't discount the Hyo's, mines getting on and not a problem, just be as selective about the any bike you go to buy. the gs500 by all reports is a fantastic bike, but also maybe the cb400 might be a good idea as well. I have seen some nicely tweaked cb400's getting around.

11. I love my RR.

Had a few problems after getting from the dealer, but after a major service has been running fine, no problems.

12. zzr 250.