Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cbr250RR wheels on DRZ400e

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Peter Uremovic, May 29, 2015.

1. Hey all
    I'm gonna to try to attend converting my DRZ400E to a motard and using the cast wheels CBR250RR

Does anyone know where I could get the spacers and the front disc adaptor plate made up from

Any help would be appreciated

2. #2 Murph289, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    I did much research on motard conversions back when I had my KTM. This site had heaps of info, plus CAD drawings etc, which you could take to your local machinist to have made.

**EDIT: Just noticed you asked where you could have adapters made up... I have no idea where you are located (you haven't specified), but fabrication places with CNC laser profile cutters are becoming pretty common. Water jet cutting would also do a good job.
  3. CBR250rr wheels are twin front brake disc. Your actually after 250r (single r) rims.

Can confirm they work on a DRZ quite well as they are on mine. I bought the kit used with the rims though so nfi where to make it up.
  4. #4 Peter Uremovic, May 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
    I'm located in sydney
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a person who has made up these parts
  5. I actually have the RR wheels which I purchased yesterday, what I've been reading that I need to buys GSXR 750 floating front disc with AN adaptor made up

Thanks for your replies
  6. #6 Big Al, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2015
    Hello fellas, this is my first posting on here...in regards to your enquiry regarding fitting cbr 250rr rims to your DRZ 400...It is quite a simple mod ...there is a bloke from Brisbane who makes pretty much everything you need. front adaptor plate, spacers front and rear etc.. from memory he does not do the rotors, (320mm front or thereabouts, I cannot remember rear braking setup details but uses DRZ caliper)and chain or sprockets, but am certain they are stock xr250 items also am not sure about the fitting bolts...if he doesn't have these on hand he freely gives all the dimensions needed for all these products, and says just to provide to any competent engineering shop to be made.. This kit does not take into account operation of the cable speedo drive on left hand side of wheel, so some other form of speedo needs to be utilised like Vapor or Acewell etc.. I was planning on doing this to my low milage DRZ but it grew some legs in the middle of the night, never to be seen again.. I did however obtain the rims, and twin disk rim is perfectly applicable in this situation...others have used different rims rgv etc, but the benefit of the Honda rims is they have cush drive and make it much nicer overall...hope my ramble is helpful to someone..

Hello Peter I am a new member on here, there is a bloke in BRISBANE who does a kit or can supply all details of what is needed,
    Cheers Mate, Alan..