Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cbr250RR Vs ZX-2R

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Tommi, May 26, 2005.

1. i have been lookign at the hondas for ages thinking they may be a bit to small (im 6'3") but other people telling me it looks fine (and it feels ok for short amounts of time (havent riden one yet)) but i discovered the Kawa ZX-2R the other day and fell in love.. its like a big cbrRR.. are there any bad things about the Yama i should know (someone told me i shouldnt get one as they dont compare at all to the CBR250rr

any thoughts?

cheers

2. CBR/FZR/ZXR are all the same thing when it comes down to it. the differences are very minor and all come down to personal preferance, price, condition etc. performance wise, parts, maintenance its all the same thing really, just get whatever is the best deal at the time, you'll get rid of it in a year and a half anyways :twisted:

do a search here, you'll find all the info you could EVER need on this topic :wink:

3. You appear to be a little confused...

Yamaha = FZR
    Honda = CBR
    Kawasaki = ZX2R

Anyway, yeah.. as has been said... search is your friend.
    Personally, the CBR is far too small for me... just wrong dimensions or something. ZX2R & FZR fit me nicely... but the FZR was within my price range. ;)

4. i did a search befor i posted but coulnt find anything specific.. i will have another search now.. cheers

5. The primary reason I bought the zxr250 over the FZR or CBR was because I could find one with less than 10,000 k's on the clock and less than 5 years old.

So no, it didn't have all that much to do with height/weight. They're all too small for me, really :)

6. Jimi should be able to offer some good opinions on 250s for tall riders.

But Tommi since you can take advantage for the LAMS system you might want to look at the bigger capacity bikes on the list to see if they are a better fit.

LAMS list

7. The zx2r looks alot better and the cbr is too common.

8. im 6 feet tall and i bought the fzr250 cause the riding position was more comfortable for me. i personally found the cbr250 and the zxr250 were smaller than the fzr250

my advise is to go sit on / test ride as many bikes as possible to see which bikes best suits u

another good 250 bike on the market for tall people is the hyosung gt250

remember what ever bike u get u'll love it

good luck :)