Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR250RR Suspension help

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by POPEYE, Apr 28, 2012.

1. hi Guys,

i tried looking up specific info about upgrading cbr250rr front forks, to no avail.

my question is what is the best way to upgrade the front forks for my weight?

The current forks bottom out on any major pot hole & bump, i recently dropped the bike at 40kph after hitting a ripple in the road under heavy braking. The front wheel bounced off the ground & when it touched back down it locked up & i lost control. I only ride my 600 now is I dont want to go near the bike until this is resolved.

2 years ago i changed the fork oil to 15w & added 2 20x cent piece spacers for extra preload. This did the trick at the time. I have since gained 20kg.

Is it a matter of having the front forks resprung for my weight? What else could be involved? How do you determine what springs your require? Or is it best to take it to a shop?

any help would be appreciated.

2. Jenny Craig?
    Seriously, you could try adding some extra oil to the forks. Will reduce the air gap thus requiring more force to hit bottom

3. Springs to suit your weight or NSR forks with upgraded springs

4. You should do the whole schmaltz
    Pull the forks out and bubble wrap them, then the rear shock.
    Weigh yourself with all your riding gear on. If you stay the same weight all the time then good. If your weight fluctuates take an average.
    Then honestly work out what level rider you are and what you intend doing with the bike.
    And send the shock and forks to someone like Terry hay @ shock treatment.
    He will grade the springs and dampers to suit your weight and riding level.
    If you do the front the rear will be stuffed. Do the rear and the front suffers. 250's are sprung for a person in the low 70kg range out of the crate