Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR250RR Race CDI Unit

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by pro-pilot, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Wanting to know if anyone has been able to source CDI units for the CBR250RR as a direct replacement unit.

I recall these were available from the UK some years ago, but can no longer find a reference to obtain these.

2. Have you found one yet?

I'm interested also. my RY model ('96 au comp mc22) could benefit from this maybe...

3. Yes he did, I recall there was a link that pointed towards a seller on ebay.

4. yeah that was the same link as the one I posted, I was just wondering if it is the 'race' cdi, and not just a derestricted one.

5. Bought it, installed it and had the bike tuned and dyno'ed (just for a check).

It is a race CDI. Brings down the maximum speed, but shifts the curve up by about 8 hp lower in the delivery range.

End result. The bike takes off fast in second gear, and pulls like a gorilla in third.

She runs out of puff at about 22,000 RPM and starts to falter! :shock: REDLINE!!

The CDI does remove the retardation at the top RPM range which means you have to be careful!

6. hrrm. Should I buy one for my ZXR250?

7. Pro-pilot,

have you dyno'd the cbr?

was wondering if you made any jetting changes.

I have a perfectly ok bike, so i'd consider the cdi, if it makes a significant difference to the power curve, and doesn't limit my terminal spd.

:wink: I could use some more midrange to get some more legs on the others out of the corners.... where they catch up and eventually reel in the gap i try to pull on them.

i guess i'd like to see the differences on paper so i know where the gains and losses are.