Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

cbr250rr questions

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by ethan 107, Dec 24, 2008.

1. i am currently looking for a cbr250rr and have found that model dates are all over the joint and im confused
    i have been looking on bike sales and a 1995 model bike has a different body shape than that of the same model on different ones for sale im not sure if the date if for that of manufacturer of the engine or what ??
    please help :grin:

2. yeh you can get some with a more racing body, I dont think they're different to any other cbr250rr, and its got nothing to do with year it was made - you can get it with either body, for example you can get a 2008 model with both body type.

3. the year it was complied is NOT the year it was made either (in most cases).
    this could be why you are finding a few differences.
    anyone that says their bike is a 97 model for example, because it was complied in this country in 97 doesnt know what they are talking about.
  4. As far as i'm aware, in australia you can legally use the compliance date as the model date. I'd still consider it dishonest, especially if its 10 years after the bike was actually made. But its very common at dealers.

All CBR250RR's have the same body 'shape'. The only exception are those with aftermarket bodykits such as the Tyga Kit. CBR250RR's were made from 1990 to 1996 and sold as new till 98.

You'll probably encounter a few MC19 CBR250R's. They were made in 1988 and 89. They are distinguishable by their single front disk. It can be difficult finding some parts for the CBR250R, as they are older/less common, hence are generally cheaper.
  5. yep

i think theyre both great bikes, but the RR has the better handling / braking. the different swing arms have something to do with it.

as thingo said, all RR's look the same unless theres a tyga kit on them.

hope you grab one, theyre great learner bikes. just try out a couple because i know that after a service mine started going a hell of a lot better.

find one thats been serviced properly, ie one of the more powerful ones you test out. you wont be sorry.