Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR250RR questions

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by beeke, May 25, 2005.

1. these might seem simple, but I am conpletly new to motorcycling...

1. is the dipstick for the engine oil calibrated so that it works when on the side stand, or do I need to get someone to hold it up stright and level to check it propperly?

2. what it the little grey knob that it on the left handside, in line with the fuel tap, but sitting much further fowards of it?

3. what is the go with fuel taps? am I supose to turn it off when Im not using the bike? I know, and see that it has three positions, but I can't work out where to put it for each position?

Andrew Beeke
  2. Bike needs to be level for oil check

Fuel tap- ON when general riding
    RES for reserve tank (to guage fuel level run-out point)
    OFF when unused for periods of time.
  3. 1. Upright

2. idle screw

3 leave it to on. switch to reserve when out of fuel, DONT forget to change it back.

4. :wink: Doh!

now i get it
  5. thanks guys,

but does anyone actually know the positions of the tap, like there doesn't seem to be a line or anything to line them up with, so you know what setting it's actually on?
  6. turn it off (always the middle) unconnect the fuel hose and redirect the line to a container then turn it either way untill the fuel runs out. then turn it back the full opposite. if fuel runs out (about 2 or 3 litres) then the first direction was your ON tap. if not then it was your OFF tap....
    or just wait for a CBR rider to see this thread!
  7. both good ideas!

8. with the tap in the middle is off, turning the tap down is on and straight up is reserve
  9. Of course you could try looking in the owner's manual or give honda dealer a call.