Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR250RR Pillion seat hinge/bracket (Fellow cbr owners)

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by disassembled, Apr 3, 2008.

1. I noticed that the front of my pillion seat sits unusually high, which allows water into the storage compartment, and seems to give the latch a hard time operating. I always figured that this was a problem with the latch, until i looked into doing some adjustments, and have realised that there must be more to this.

Could one of the other CBR250RR owners here take a fairly close side on photo of the pillion seat for me to confirm this. Also one of the hinge bracket inside.

I have the Tyga rear seat cowl kit on now, and when the fibreglass pillion seat cowl it fitted, it also seems to overlap the latch. Not sure if it's just a faulty, or if there's a broblem with the hinge again.

I wondering if at some point my bike inherited a cbr250r hinge bracket, and it may be slightly different.

2. Here are some photos

Hope it helps.
  3. Hey, thanks for those.

As i thought. The front of my seat sits much higher than that. I looked at another bike and it appears that i have a slightly diffterent seat as well. Although the hinge looks the same as mine.

My guess is that my pillion seat and hinge have some from a cbr250r for some reason. Will pick up a rr seat and hinge from the wreckers and let you know how i get on.

4. Ok for future reference, if anyone should come up against this issue.

I picked up a replacement seat and hinge for $40 from the very friendly chaps at Which bike, adamstown (near newcastle).

Anyway, yep i was right, bike seems to have a very slightly different hinge and seat on it. The old one was ALMOST identical, so i guess it's from another honda, probably a cbr250r would be my guess.

Anyway, thanks again Degs for the piccies they were a great help.