Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

cbr250rr mc22 clutch problem

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by POPEYE, May 1, 2011.

1. i have inspected the clutch on my cbr250rr mc22, its fine, so i reinstalled the clutch plates, springs & cover. now the clutch can not fully disengage when the clutch lever is in.

I installed the clutch cover with the lifter pin (the thing that pushes the clutch in) as per the manual (atleast i think i did?)....the manual says "Align the lifter pin to the dent on the lifter arm. push the pin & firmly set"

i tried adjusting the cable major adjuster in the frame & then the clutch lever adjuster to its limits yet the clutch is still partially engaged when the lever is in.

its seems that the lever is not pushing on the lifter pin enough to disengage the clutch, yet i can not adjust the cable any more.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Can anyone what the problem might be? I'm having the same issue where my clutch won't disengage, therefore not allowing me to move when I rev the bike.

It will still start up in any gear and rev though, and it feels as if I can shift to any gear on the gear selector pedal.

Any help would be highly appreciated :)