Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR250RR handlebar almost touching tank

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by bbyboy, Oct 21, 2008.

1. is this normal for a cbr?

when fully steered, the gap between handlebar and the tank is approx 1cm.

im afraid then i hit something my bones in my hand will shatter
  2. It is normal.
  3. If you are talking about when you are about to do a full u-turn and the handlebar touches the tank. you will get that and its normal.

*its a sport bike*

you jus have to do a overhand Grip of the throttle and do a friction roll.

*rear brake* *clutch* *throttle*
  4. Its normal to a certain degree (punt intended)

there are steering blockers to prevent fingers/wrist being crushed in case of a crash. but those steering blockers might be flatted (a little or significantly) due to prior crashes.

Or the handlebars might not be clamp on properly. but i am guessing you have already checked that.
  5. Yeah I noticed that the first time i got on the cbr250rr too. You get used to it, but it is a pain while moving it in a garage.
  6. yeah there are steering blocks. that was one of the first things i checked before purchasing. its a good giveaway to know if it has been badly crashed and mine looks good.

when it hits the steering block, that when i have the 1cm gap. i just thought it would leave atleast a 3cm gap.

thats exactly the reason why im asking about it.

thanks everyone for the input!
  7. i turned out my bars a few degrees - easier on my wrists as well

on a cbr600, that meant removing the clip on locating dowel