Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR250RR conking out

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Mr Blonde, Jun 4, 2007.

1. hi,

2 weeks ago i purchased a cbr250rr with only 14k k's from a dealer and until this morning it was running perfectly. i started it fine and got on my way to work and at the first lights after i had it in nuetral idling fine but went to take off it conked out. i used the choke to get it started and left it on for a while and by the time the lights went green it was fine. about 5k's later it started having trouble in revs like it was running out of petrol. same deal to get it running except it was a bit harder this time.... this happened another 2 times and on the last time i was sure it wasnt going to start at all but eventually did and i got into work.

the only thing i can think of is that the last time i filled up about 600meters before my house i put in premium from a servo that served mainly ethanol, although it didnt say so on the pump i was just curious whether this would cause it as every time i started i put it on reserve so maybe it was starting with the old fuel??

sorry if that sounds stupid its my first bike so dont know too much yet :oops:

any help will be much appreciated!

PS i have read the other post down the page on a cbr250rr not starting.
  2. Could be fuel, but i dont think ethonol would affect that quick.
    ur carbs could be blocked, From crap in ur tank. Or ur fuel cock is slightly blocked.
  3. Blocked carb jets mate.
    It will cost but thems the breaks.
    You will need to flush the tank and filter etc as well.
  4. drain the petrol and chuck in regular unldeaded.
    when i put premium in my fzr250 it wouldnt start too. once the petrol was drained and the regular crap went in in started up again fine...