Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR250RR choke problem?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Sancho123456, Aug 7, 2006.

1. My Mate has a CBR250RR and the functioning of the choke is a bit funny. When completely cold the choke does not cause the bike to idle high enough to keep the bike on. Assistance with the throttle is required to keep the bike on and to get it to warm up. My mate has described the choke as being very tight and if he does not keep pulling on it, it eventually drops down a little on its own.

Reason i ask is he took it back to the dealership to get it checked out under warranty and they told him this was normal and it was working fine (he left the bike over the weekend and they tried it cold)

Is this true or are they being dodgy? Is it common with this model? Any assistance would be appreciated!
  2. No they're just fcuking with you, if you have to throttle on to keep the bike started then something is wrong mate.