Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR250RR Chain

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by HANDSY, Apr 26, 2009.

1. can someone please tell me which chain to buy for a MC22 Cbr250rr?
    i have searched and searched and just can not find a clear answer!
    thanks heaps

2. dont worry found it, eventually
  3. woot another problem solved by netriders

easiest is to ask the guy at a bike shop
  4. but now i have the problem again, i read that i was x-ring, bloke at shop said o-ring?
  5. hold up i find my online manuals...

i found its o ring.

you can go x ring but apprantly its more expensive. some people sware by them others say o's are better. its another one of those threads, which one is better, e.g. engine oil threads...

choice is up to you.
  6. Apparently the chan life goes non O-ring, O-ring, X-ring, then theres another one that is...what...IR ring or something?

Check what the GP teams use. If its good enough for them I reckon we'd be alright. Failing that, buy a chain oiler. My uncle has got over 50 thousand kay from his O-ring chain with an oiler. I'm impressed because he's a big guy that likes a fast ride, and his bike is a big Suza 1400.

Investigate - boingk
  7. GP teams have mullah to burn / sponsors to give them chains to promote. i dont think he wants to change his chain as often as they do. get what ever chain you want according to budget/specificaions you want and use what instructions they say to care for it, end of the day u still should lube n look after ur chain