Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

cbr250r tail bag. pulling my hair out

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by markwearspants, Aug 8, 2012.

1. g'day

So I ride a 2011 cbr250r, as of a couple of weeks ago I need to bring in my laptop to uni and i really don't want it on my back. I also want a place to safely store my helmet instead of locking my $700 arai to my bike or carrying it around from building to building for my classes.

I have been on the Givi website and really loving this one:

I have a couple of concerns. Firstly for such an expensive well reputable case I really don't like how it has a max capacity of 3kg. I need to carry my laptop, a commercial router and a bunch of Ethernet cables with me at a total of 10kg..

are there any other cases that any of you guys know of that can support this weight and still be a good solid case? and as for "universal" fitting kit, do they really mean universal or will I have to heavily mod them/my bike and have ugly bars hanging out the back?

2. Mate,

Your requirements don't seem to fit the riding, especially on a CBR 250.

I wouldn't carry a laptop anywhere except of my back.
    Thus using and highly recommending ogio mech 5. You can stack a lot in it.

I wouldn't also leave my helmet on a bike for any period where I can't see it for more than a few minutes.

If nothing really suits you perhaps your choice of transport isn't the best one for the purpose :)

3. thank you that bag looks amazing.
    I have decided to go with the rear soft bag produced by honda for my laptop charger and main essentials and the ogio mach 5 for the back with a laptop.

Although with my jacket, leather teknic chicane II it has a whiplash protector. back packs seem to be very uncomfortable with it :/
  4. Just hire a locker at uni to put your helmet in.
  5. Hi there,

Can I ask you where did you buy the Ogio bag? I'm looking to buy the same one and try to find a good price.

6. Ebay :)