Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR250R Rear Axle Nut - Diameter of socket??

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by jayp, Feb 4, 2008.

1. I looked everywhere in the service manual and it only mentions that it has a 17mm on the chain side. What mm is the other side?

I tried 21mm and its too small...would it be 23 or 24?

I'm at work so I can't get a ruler out but I would like to buy a socket today before shops close

Thanks guys :grin:

2. get a big arse shifter. :)
  3. By that I take it you mean a monkey wrench or something?
  4. Hi Jayp, i've looked through the service manual and found something that mentioned 26mm... but that seems way too big :?

I would grab a large shifter as mentioned above.
  5. By shifter he means an adjustable wrench. Not sure what you call a monkey wrench but possibly they are stilsens or a pipe wrench? If so then that would do the job but wouldn't be the best for the nut.

I don't have a CBR 250 but my 954 uses the largest socket in a 1/2in socket set. I THINK it is 21mm but not certain.
  6. On mine, its 17mm on the left side and 26mm on the right side. I have a cbr250r as well, I got the stilsens onto mine, but was very carful not to trash the nut, it was all I had at the time since my work ute was broken down in the middle of nowhere.
  7. Cheers mate thats what i needed.

Yeah I think its around 26.

AFAIK one socket is cheaper than buying a shifter.

Thanks all who replied thanks