Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR250r pricing

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Woza98, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Hi

I am in the market for a learner bike at the moment and I think I have made up my mind to get a CBR 250r (at least for now).

I do live in darwin but the prices that I am looking at seem way too much. The average price for a stock 2012 CBR 250r is around 5 - 6k. Is this too much? These are from private sellers I haven't checked out any dealers yet.
  2. I just sold my 2011 cbr250ra for $3500 (had 5k on the odo). Think they retail around $6500 on road. At the end of the day, you have to pay what the market dictates. I would have thought 4.5 - 5k, 6k seems over the top.
  3. There's probably only 3 in Darwin. Broaden your mind for better value.
  4. Supply and demand...

If there aren't many in your area, then they can ask what they want for them, HOWEVER what they ask for and what they get are 2 very different things, go along and make an offer if they decline leave your number with them and tell them to give you a call if they change their mind...
  5. Thanks guys for the help. One was just listed today in my area for 4.4k. Even if I don't get it, it is still proof there are lower prices out there.
    Sounds like a good plan, most of the ones I am talking about have been listed for a while and it might just work.
  6. Just picked up a fantastic 2011 CBR 250r for $3900. Never been dropped and only 4000ish KM.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Good stuff, off course, now that you own a Honda, you have to figure out how to tell your parent you are gay.
  8. Congrats. What was the advertised price? Dealer or private?
  9. Advertised price was $4400. Private seller but did a REVS check and rego check.
  10. Good stuff, hope it turns out well. If you have any interest in doing long trips on it, check out this post as a nice example of what this apparently great little bike is capable of.
  11. Great link, thanks