Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by CruiseOrLoose, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Ok thats it im getting ready to order one of the two, now what do you think CBR250R or NINJA 250R

2. What are you going to use it for? Riding to the cafe? Riding to work? Twisties? Filling up the mechanics work space?
  3. Two very different bikes, i had wanted a CBR250RR for a very long time before the baby ninja came out, i still think i'd enjoy riding the honda but i don't regret my decision. I think they are both very good learner bikes. Go and test ride each one and figure out which one suits you more.
  4. weekend riding
    long rides
  5. ... the the ninja 250R or zxr250r?
    but if you want something quick and reasonably comfortable
    go the CBR. i have had both CBR and ZXR while the ZXR was marginally quicker and more intense the riding position wasnt much good for more then 40minutes.

if ur talking about the ninja 250r the ZZR is faster and more comfortable.
  6. How tall are you?
    Because the CBR250 only suites people who are not particularly tall (I wouldn’t go so far a short arse, but it’s not much of a stretch)
  7. 6'2" here on a babyblade, no problems with fitting in, can tuck down very well if I have to as well.

If you want a sporty bike that has more than likely been wound back / thrashed, get a cbr250rr. There are still many good examples of these bikes around, if you can take care of it, it will take a proverbial beating. And they sound awesome! The only issue with comfort is that the seat sucks, after a day in the twisties and you're on the freeway again, you're definitely feeling it! Did I mention dual discs? Get some braided lines and you'll have no complaints here.

If you want a newer flashier bike that doesn't have as much go, get a new ninja 250. (Which if you don't know has the exact same engine as the gpx250 and zzr250.) Don't expect them to sound great, although they're very economical being a parallel twin with a fair sized tank. They're also easier to maintain, servicing on the cbr is a nightmare for the plugs until you get used to it.
  8. ANother vote for the CBR being a bit small - I'm also 6'2" and found them a bit diminutive. My RS125 is decently larger and I thought the Ninjas were as well. Either way, you'll be getting a good bike if you get one.

Downside as already mentioned is that the CBR's are all getting old now and its much more likely you'll get something that needs work at some point. The Ninja is the safer bet, I'd stick with it.

Cheers - boingk
  9. Not much information provided...