Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR250r lost power, won't start

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by ambs, Apr 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Pulled out the carbs to attach a new throttle cable, seemed to go smoothly but after running for about 15-20 minutes it started to lose power then died.

Now it wont start, I've pulled it apart again to see if anything isn't connected but it all seems fine as far as i can see.

I'm totally new to working on bikes so maybe bit off a bit more than i can chew but as far as i can tell there's fuel in the tank, kill-switch is on, battery is fine (tested it with a new battery from another bike).

I've attached a couple of pics and a video of it failing to start, if anyone has any suggestions or wants to come around and help me out (in faifield) that'd be amazing.

2. Can you set the tank to 'prime'?
    Maybe a vaccuume line got pinched under the tank and isn't filling the carb bowls fast enough

3. mc19 has a fuel pump, not a vacuum so its not that. I've got a few blokes suggesting things from the rr riders facebook page, gonna make sure she's getting fuel from the pump.

4. Check that you have spark.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Got a mate coming around to check it out with me, we'll check for that then. He's a bit more knowledgeable than I am with engines and stuff

6. Got it running, not sure what the problem was but hey its all sorted now. Bit laggy in the mid range so going to get some carby/jet cleaner from supercheap and run it through.

7. Good to see that you got it running.

• Like Like x 1