Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR250 issues

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by N00b, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Hi,

i last posted a topic about my cbr250r having issues starting.

i got replies about the battery being dead and all, so i tried hooking it up with the car, and igniter works and all, BUT, it feels like the petrol is just not going through the engine.

Prior to the bike dying, it wouldn't REV past 6000 ish, then slowly couldnt rev at all, and now it just does not start.

What problems could the bike have?

i have a feeling it might just be the petrol or something, so is there any way i can drain the petrol out and re fuel it?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Thanks mate.. that site helped heaps...

Was thinking its the bad fuel, as said by many cbr owners in syd.

Was wondering if there is any way to drain the fuel? and then re add some regukar fuel without taking to mechanics?

3. howmuch fuel is in the tank? is it fuel tap witched On or Reserve? switch it to reserve and see how it goes. you might have only abit of fuel left.

if you did this early in the morning and sometimes it doesnt go up to 6k in the first 2 seconds, its because the engine is cold. wait about 60 seconds for it to get going and then rev.
  4. i actually did this in the afternoon, and the reving limiting started while i was actually riding... so i rode it home and then it slowly dropped.

and it has a good 1/2 - 3/4 in the tank even on reserve.

any other suggestions with my issues?

but thanks for the input.
  5. hey dude, make sure that the fuel tap is pointing down.. if not its on reserve or the tap is off.. my mate turned mine off without me knowing and i had the same problem. gl