Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR125R Exhaust

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by Levih, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Hey guys,

Just wondering about a bit of a performance boost with a new exhaust.

+ I want it to sound like its a bike and not a lawn mower engine strapped to a push bike :p

What would you recommend for an upgrade from a stock exhaust?

Cheers,

Levi.

2. As for sound, I have heard one with a can, imagine yourself locked in a big tin silo. Now take your forearm and do a big "raspberry" on it. This is in effect what the bike will sound like. A wet fart in a tincan.

As for performance, meh, spend it on the LED indicators, you will probably gain more from the lower voltage draw.

3. Zilly on these boards upgraded her exhaust with a Micron, very different sound, I've no idea if it helped with power but she's upgraded now.

4. Yeah I'm not to worried about the performance, you can only milk 125cc to a point.

But yeah i would like a nice sounding exhaust so cars can actually be aware that theres a bike around.

Seeing im pritty new to this what brand/models would you recommend?

5. Apply to exhaust. I cannot see how it will sound any worse than a proper "exhaust" for your "bike".

[​IMG]

6. Save your cash, exhausts are not cheap and you won't gain much if anything (sound or "performance") on a cbr125.

7. #7 drewzor, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  8. I have a Megacycle exhaust on my 150. It was expensive but man is it sweet sounding :LOL:

9. A few Repsol stickers will add more power than an aftermarket exhaust.

10. This one you can tune to your particular bike for optimum performance.
    [​IMG]

(Yeah I ride a 150 - I have one too!)

Edit: And my bike comes standard with Repsol stickers - no wonder I'm fast :woot:

11. How do i remove the baffle. I seems to be welded inside?

12. I've heard some with an exhaust and they're not too bad, interesting character in tone - kind of like ptwin but not quite...

13. Gave me an extra 2 HP :grin: (it all ads up :grin: )

14. Doubling your power is a good gain!

15. kekeke

16. Liq I notice you have Portal avatar, are you an avid gamer on Steam ;)?