Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR1100 Blackbird exhaust

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by MACH2, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Hi - looking to replace the standard pipes on my 07 BB. Safety first of course, the louder they are the less chance of a Camry running me off the road which happens every second effing day. Bike's fast enough so increase in power is fine but not the main reason for purchase. Any suggestions from +750cc owners?

2. How much do you want to spend?

Some guys have spent upwards of $2k on titanium headers and mufflers. Others, under a grand for Staintune slipon cans.

Whatever you do, though, DON'T modify the existing mufflers because when you're required to get the emissions testing done you'll find yourself in a bit of bother. And prospective buyers will most likely baulk at there being no stock mufflers or pipes to go with it (again for the above reasons).

The titanium solution, together with the removal of the centre stand can save upwards of 25kg. Add in a swingarm spacer and grafted on USD fork assembly off a Fireblade, and you'll have a lighter and more nimble road blaster.
  3. Would have thought I could get something halfway decent for $600?? No intention of modifying current pipes btw. Nothing wrong with current pipes would just like to be heard easier on rd, as well as looking good. Not keen on the staintunes, the little bit hanging off the end looks poxy.

Like the look of these on eBay, never heard of them though: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-CB...-S-S-Oval-Exhaust-/150553544141#ht_1594wt_813

Aussie made, out of Perth apparently.