Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR RR 250 wont start

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by traveller, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Hi all just wondering if anyone could shed some light on why my bike wont start. The plugs were changed maybe 3 months ago and its been sitting idol for about 6 weeks due to work. I tried to start it the other day but it trys but then it backfires. Battery has plenty of charge it just wont kick over and i have no one to help me push start it as i live on flat ground. Should i just change the plugs again what ahould i do or could there be a major problem?? thanks for any advice :grin:

2. You need three things: Fuel, Air & Spark. New plugs = spark probably ok, check the spark anyway.

Leaves us with Air: Check your air filter, all air passages etc, make sure they are not blocked/dirty/full of crap.

& Fuel: If you have left the bike for any length of time the fuel may have "gone off", drain the tank & get some fresh fuel.

Process of elimination, let us know how you go.
  3. Seems unlikely to me that 6 weeks would be enough to have a serious problem. There's always the chance some fool has been playing with the throttle and it's flooded, try opening it all the way and starting it.
  4. might be an idea to check the cbr forums

heaps of info there, and some guru mods

google search jdm cbr 250