Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR Headlight

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Mdala, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Can any one tell me if there is a mod you can do so that both headlights remain on when you switch to the dip beam, like the VFR system.
    Thanks in advance, mechanicaly I'm not bad, but electricaly I'm a dud.

2. One of the lights will have a single filament, say a H7 globe. If that's the case, then the chances are that a conventional H4 globe, which is a 2 filament globe (one for low beam, one for high beam), will not fit into the headlight assembly.

It's a stupid idea, having one light out like that. Bike headlights are generally woeful to begin with. To more than halve your available light when dipping is a recipe for disaster, I feel. Your eyes are used to the brighter environment. Suddenly it's nearly pitch dark. Your eyes take a few secs to react to the changed lighting conditions as the pupils dilate.

It takes a while for your eyes to get used to dark conditions. Eg. stand outside at night, shine a torch at your eyes, then switch it off. You'll be effectively blind until your eyes adjust to the darker environment.

The best way, in that particular situation, is to close your eyes to give you total blackness (cover your eyes with your hands as well). When you open them, the darkness outside will be brighter, if that makes sense, and you'll be able to see a bit better and a bit faster than if you simply removed the light source and allowed your eyes to adjust naturally.