Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cbr 400 nc23

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by Dylan05, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBR 400 RR NC 23

ENGINE HAS VALVE PROBLEM STILL RUNS BUT LOUD WHISTLING NOISE, ENGINE TOP END IS OFF AT THE MOMENT. DONT HAVE THE TIME TO FIX IT, CAN SOURCE A NEW ENGINE THROUGH VIC MOTORCYCLE WRECKERs IF NEEDED.
    THE BIKE HAS CBR 600 REAR SHOCK AND BRAKES, PLUS SPARE DISCS AND CALLIPERS, SPARE CLUTCH, SPARE CARBY?S, HAS CUSTOM MADE RADIATOR AND THE STANDARD RADIATOR, REAR SETS, LEVERS, YOSHIMURA EXHAUST, AIR BOX.
    FULL SET OF RACE FAIRING MATT BLACK, CARBON FIBRE REAR HUGGERS, SPARE FRONT FENDER SPARE SCREENS, NC 29 REAR RIM, PLUS MANUAL
    TONNES MORE SPARES

I WOULD PREFER TO GET RID OF THE LOT BUT I AM WILLING TO PART IT OUT
    $1500 ono
    RING DYLAN 0409041705

Attached Files:

2. need to put a price up mate :)

3. If you are parting it out, im interested in the cbr600 rear shocks and brakes and the nc29 rear rims.

4. Any more details on the motor problem? I mean does it need parts etc or is is just adjusting the clearances?

If its a hope kind of job I could defiantly be making an offer!

5. Not too sure the engine still runs just very whiny sorta screech, every mechanic I've taken it to wont even look at it cause its too old? I know the clearances are way out.

If your mechanically minded and dont mind stripping an engine then its a hope kind of job :)

Attached Files:

6. Ahh unknown problem might not be my thing, I'll suss out how much an motor cost and get back to you mate.

Thanks again

7. Vic motorcyle wreckers will do one for around a grand with a trade in on the ol engine, you get to take the engine get it swap out the old one and choose all the best parts off it.

8. Id buy it just to tinker with it, would be fun, but im in Syd :)

9. lol id like you to buy it to tinker with it cause at the moment its a big giant paperweight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.