Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

cbr 250 rr lights

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Mr Blonde, May 23, 2007.

1. hey all,

although i havnt made a post yet, i just wana say i've been reading the forums for months and easily the best community i've seen on the net! :applause:

anyways... i bought my first bike last night ( a 92 cbr 250 rr ) and by the time everything was sorted to ride it home, it was dark so obviously had the lights on. when i woke up this morning to ride to work however i couldnt figure out how to turn the buggers off! there is an option for high and low beam but no "lights on, lights off" switch as mr miaggi would say.

i know this is a complete n00b question but was just curious. :)

2. most bikes have the lights on all the time, with the only option being low beam or high beam. It makes you more visible to oncoming traffic so it's not such a bad thing (even in daylight, especially at dawn/dusk)
  3. cool thanks man... thought that might be the case as i searched everywhere and couldnt find a switch but wasn't sure so just thought id ask.

4. Is there anyway to start the bike with the lights off as this may drain power from the battery causing hard start problems
  5. There is no easy way to switch off the lights to start the bike as the lights are hard wired when the ignition is turned on.
  6. Until a couple of years ago, DRLs (Daytime running lights) were mandatory on all australian sold bikes, and an easy way to temporarily kill the headlight would be to open up the fuse box and pull the low-beam fuse, or switch to high beam and remove that fuse (in reverse order, of course), if other systems run off the low beam circuit.
  7. I have a CBR250RR and yes, the lights are permanently on. If you know a good auto-electrician, you could wire your own on/off switch if you really wanted to.

I do not find I get any power drain from my lighs being on when I start it....