Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR 125R - Who has one?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by mr_sikma, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Hey,

After seeing one of these in town the other night and just passing my P's I am thinking of getting one...

Been riding a scooter for the past 3yrs so the 'small' 125 bike is alot bigger than mine!

Only problem is that none of the 4 shops I have rang will let me test-ride one as their insurance only covers full licenced riders.

I am not after speed as I have only ever ridden the scooter and I want something new as compared to a 15yr old across or cbr250 for the same prices!

I have been told I can ride one away for $4600- with 24mnths warranty and 3mnths rego!

Anyone out there got one?

Thanks

Jase

2. So they have a bike that is specificly designed for learner and probationary licence hoders, and they don't have insurance for learner and probationary licence holders to take it out...
    MORONS!

3. price sounds too high for starters. that sounds like full retail + on roads.
    Im sure you can get it for cheaper.
    Also as falcon-lord said, not allowing l/p riders to take out a bike for a test ride is stupid. Theyre the only people are likely to ever consider buying it.

4. I thought they were having some sort of promotion ATM for around $3,600 +ORC but I could be wrong.

5. Go to a few stores in person and talk to them about it. Once they realise you are serious about buying one and have the intention to buy one, they'll often let you take a testride unofficially. Of course not all places will allow you to do it, and some may only let you have a go around the parking lot.

As for the price, its of course negotiable. I'd try to get it for 4k ride away.

6. Is it the norm to sell a brand new bike with only 3months rego? sounds pointless to me.

7. I have one, there are a few others on here with them as well.

I agree with phizog, you should go down to the dealer and show them you are interested, ask some questions first or something. I got a test ride on one when I was looking. The only difference was the sales dude said if i drop it there would be a higher excess than if i was fully licenced.

Adam

8. so is a whole 125cc fully fair sports bike :roll:

9. hardly, for honda its a great move, considering europes 125cc limit for people under 19 or whatever. Why make a bike for australia's market, when europes is many times larger.

10. completely agree, great idea from the manufacturers but we live in Australia and aren't restricted to 125cc limits, leaves some questions abou tthe people buying them imo :roll:

11. What questions does it leave about the people buying them????

I don't get people who own 600cc+ motorbikes even commenting on these bikes.

They are for learners. They enable good skill development. They enable people to learn how to brake, corner and whatever else. And most of all they are a cheap option to help people discover the joys of riding.

What i can't understand is why people would buy Suzuki's.. ??

Anyway.. Decent bike, will leave you wanting some more power after a few months though, but for commuting they are sweet. I have a CBR250, but love jumping on my wifes 125 every now and then.

12. well thats a personal opinion, from the few learner i have ridden with those that excel (seem to ride quick) are generally on vtr250, don't know what that says either about the people that choice to ride them or the bike itself, whether they are better suited to teach learner the basics of riding, but i guess these things certainly have the :cool: factor

13. I have a CBR125. I think its the perfect learner bike ... i.e limited highway/high speed riding and just commuting.

Its perfect for the MOST well i can only talk about a version of MOST that i have set up since im still on my L's. I can throw it around like my mountain bike, U-turn can be done well in the 6.1m box and i havent even been practising that much.

But once your done with your L's I think its limited acceleration and the lack of power will get you into trouble in the open road. If you get a 250 (cbr, ninja, across, vtr, fzr) they wont be a massive jump from your scooter but enough to keep you out of trouble, just dont take them to the redline as there is a power increase higher in the rev range. It might feel big for about 20min but as with most things you just get use to it, just ride in a quiet street for a few days to build up confidence.

But thats just my opinion.

14. 5K should get you one on road, years rego WITH helmet, gloves and jacket :)

and yea..they are either full of $#!+ or they are dumb as a pile of dog....

15. I'm not to sure about the cool factor :? Ive seen heard a couple know on the road and i can't honestly say that they look or sound cool but i guess they're very practical for short commuting and they would definitely be more fun than a scoot, as well as being a good bike to cut your teeth on if you have never sat on or ridden a bike before.

16. I really like the CBR125. The only thing that worries me is how it will go sitting at 100 km/h on the highway as I live in the country.

17. [​IMG]

18. thanks for all the replies ;)

how do people get the opinion that they are that cheap?

the first place i went to it was $5050- ride away

and the other 2 places i rang were $4600-

where is the other cheaper price advertised?

also with test riding them, alot of the places only have a few floating around and they reckon it takes a while to get more in, so they cant sacrifice one they would rather sell!

how much did everyone pay for theres then?

19. :shock: :shock: :shock:

They should be about $4200 Ride away (with the cash back offer).

20. i will have a look at the honda website and see if they mention anything then!