Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBR 1000 2005 mod

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by ddeessww, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Just after your thoughts ...I have a CBR 1000 2005 mod, I find gearbox on this bike is really cluncky ..is this normal , also I have some trouble when i am trying to gear down at low speeds eg comming to a stop , I sometimes have to gear down couple of time without letting go of the clutch ..." Yeah i know i should be in right gear" but this is a question about gearbox not my bad riding habits :? lol

does anyone else have these issues...I used to have a Honday VTR1000F but did not have these issues, in fairness i only been riding the CBR for only a week. maybe its just me....I am a little gental with the bike at the moment...

any comments would be helpful...even if ya gonna have a go at me ....lol

2. huhwhaatt??
    thats the second thread i have misread in a row!
    :LOL:

mine is a little clunky, but it's not a bad clunk. different to the 1000f but not bad. remember the gearboxes you are comparing are very different. one is for shifting superfast, the other not so...
    i would say; Normal :)

3. thanks heaps Joel :)

most seem to have the same view ...I was thinking about putting a friction modifier in the gearbox...I should prolly find out how much a new box is before i do that hehe just in case :?

4. G'day everyone,......

ddeessww I have a 2006 model and when I got mine I found the gear changes slightly notchy at first.

A slight ajustment in the way and timeing of the changes smoothed out the whole prosses and now its all good as thay say.

Its just a matter of finding the bikes/gearbox's 'sweet spot' and the changes become smooth as silk.

I hope this helps in some way.

Dr Who?

5. yep, like dr pooh, err, i mean who :LOL:
    i find that if i am in the right rev-range and use a smooth technique the notchy changes vanish. i suspect there is nothing wrong with your bike, its just you are used to a low revving torque monster, and now you are on a hungry-horsepower overdosed buzz-machine!

6. cheers boys ..:) agreed ..its getting better everytime i take the bike out ...obviously i am getting used to it or learning how to do it a little smoother...man that could mean so many things...
    :LOL:

anyhow thanks for ur help again joel/dr who...cheers hope to catch up wif u guys on a future ride ....