Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBF250 Questions

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by rokamas, Dec 15, 2012.

1. First real post here;

I have a CBF250 and am thinking about making it look a but more "cafe" for fun. The first things that come to mind are lowering the bars a bit and switching the mirrors for bar end ones.
    My questions are:
    1. What are the relevent (registration) rules regarding bar end mirrors? I am in NSW.
    2. Does anybody know of any aftermarket mufflers that are compatible with this bike?

I have attempted to search for answers to these without much luck.

2. I believe bar end mirrors are acceptable so long as they provide sufficient visibility to the rear. This is hard to get on some bikes - often a single righthand mirror is a better option.

A quick eBay search brings up a few systems for other CBF models but none for the CBF250. You may be able to contact manufacturers such as Two Brothers or Screaming Demon as they tend to often make mufflers for smaller bikes as well as sports models. Its also possible your bike uses the same muffler pattern as another - check the wreckers and unbolt your stock one when you get there for a comparison.

I would check if you could get a K&N or Unifilter replacement for the stock airfilter as well, they're very much worth the cost and will save you money in the long run as you don't ever need another filter... just wash and reuse.

- boingk
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I might go ahead and contact some of these manufacturers directly then. The stock air filter is pristine at the moment, however with this bike I have noticed power loss with gusts of wind (which could be issues with air intake [wind causing low pressure]).

Thanks very much for the info!
  4. Power loss....its a single cylinder 250, that makes about 20hp on a good day.
    A head on wind gust WILL slow it down.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ha indeed, could definitely just be that.
  6. sell it
  7. If you're thinking cafe, then check this place out:

Awesome rescource and great community.

Cheers - boingk
    • Like Like x 1